Guideline for Paragon International University Student Exchange Program 2019 - 2020
The Paragon International University Student Exchange Program is an undergraduate program designed for students to take a wide variety of classes offered in English.
To be an exchange student, candidates must be officially nominated by their home institution and pay the tuition and other related fees to their home institution.
1. Length of study
Fall (Semester 1): 28 October – 14 February
Spring (Semester 2): 16 March – 4 July
The accepted students are required to arrive in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by the second week of October or during the first week of March (See Paragon.U’s academic calendar).
2. Program completion requirements
Students must take a minimum of 12 hours of classes per week. Students should consult with their academic advisor in regards to course selection at Paragon International University prior to their arrival (for credit transfer purposes).
- Information for potential applicants
- Eligibility requirements
- Be enrolled in full-time undergraduate degree programs at overseas universities that have concluded a student exchange agreement with Paragon International University
- Be enrolled and pay tuition fees at their home universities as full-time students during the entire period of study in Cambodia
- Have completed at least 1 year of undergraduate study and should not be in their last semester at their own university prior to arrival in Cambodia (can vary by department)
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL iBT 60 or IELTS 5.5. (In exceptional cases, a different internationally recognized English test result may be accepted.)
- Admission process
Step 1: Consult with an academic advisor or a department head at their home institution and receive approval.
Step 2: Obtain the necessary forms from the office of international relations (or its equivalent) at their home institution (do not send applications directly to Paragon International University).
- For Fall Semester 2019: 19 August 2019
- For Spring Semester 2019: 30 December 2019
- Completed ParagonUSEP application form
- Nomination letter from home institution (Office of International Cooperation)
- Proof of registration or enrollment (From Registrar Office)
- An official transcript of academic record
- 3 photographs (size: 5cm x 5cm)
- TOEFL or IELTS score record (non-native English speakers only)
- One photocopy of your passport
- Application Form
- Course List
Applications will be carefully reviewed by the Paragon International University Exchange Program Selection Committee and applicants will be informed of the selection results through their home institution.
Further details about admission procedures will be provided to accepted students. Those students who do not complete the admission procedures by the required deadlines will not be eligible to participate in the Paragon International University Exchange Program.
- Information for accepted applicants
Note: Further information about class registration will be provided at the arrival orientation.
Estimated budget to study at Paragon International University
|Types of Expense||Amount|
|Housing||$200 - $300 / month|
|Local Transportation||$50 - $100 / month|
|Meals||$200 - $250 / month|
|Books/school supplies||$200 / semester|
|Telecommunication||$10 / month|
|Personal expenses||$100 / month|